Financial Aid Instructions
A limited amount of financial aid is available to help pay for attendance at the ADASS XVIII conference. Financial aid is aimed especially at students and attendees who are new to ADASS. It is provided to participants based primarily on the merit of their abstract (oral, poster, or demonstration), and on demonstrated need. Financial aid may be granted for any, or all, of the following:
- Registration fee
- Demonstration fee
- Hotel accomodations for up to 4 nights
We do not expect to be able to provide financial support for air fare. Awards will not cover the banquet, tours, guest fees, nor will it cover extra hotel charges beyond those for the basic room plus tax.
In order to apply for financial aid, you must register for the conference by 1 August. Financial aid applicants are required to submit an abstract, and to provide the information given below. Please have it available when registering:
- Position Title
- Brief vita and list of up to 5 relevant publications (maximum of 2 printed pages)
- Type of financial aid requested
- If the applicant is a student, please also provide:
- Academic Level (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Name and e-mail address of person who will provide a letter of recommendation; the letter must be received from your reference by the LOC (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 August 2008.
Those requesting financial aid will be notified by e-mail of the POC decision prior to the abstract submission deadline (13 August). If the financial aid is granted you will be notified of the specifics of the award, and you will have two weeks from the notification date to accept the offer. If aid is not granted, or not granted in full, applicants will be given a two week period either to withdraw their registration without penalty, or to provide alternate payment information. (In this latter case, fees will be assessed at the early, discounted rate if the payment information is provided by the early registration deadline, or within two weeks of the notification, whichever is later.)